A special mix for making any kind of savory leavened product: from classic nibbles to aperitifs and quick lunches – mini-sandwiches, veg- filled rolls and sliced bread – to those tied to local traditions – such as mini-pizzas, pretzels and baguettes – as well as specialities dedicated to festivities – such as gourmet panettone.
e balanced and meticulously selected high-quality raw ingredients allow for great results:
• standardising the possible variations in our quality, thereby guaranteeing consistent
performance over time
• improving the texture and u ness of the products, reducing the risk of them becoming stale
• improving the palatability of the products, extending their melt-in-the-mouth factor
• improving the stability of the finished products, increasing their shelf-life
• improving the workability of the dough, increasing its tolerance to manufacturing variations and
reducing preparations times
• improving the volume of the finished products, giving them excellent texture.
My Savory Mix allows you to make tonnes of recipes with a single product, optimising space and time management within your lab: thanks to this semi- finished product you will actually be able to reduce preparation times, labor costs and prevent waste.
Knead My Savory Mix, instant yeast, eggs and milk in a planetary mixer for 5-6 minutes at medium speed (using a spiral or dough hook attachment) until the mixture is homogeneous. Next add the butter and knead for another 7-8 minutes at medium speed. The correct final temperature of the dough is 27-28°C.
Let the dough proof for about 1 hour in a proofer at 30°C (70-80% R.H.) or at least until the dough volume has redoubled.
Flatten the dough, cover it and place it in a refrigerator for a few hours, until it reaches the right temperature for dough sheeting (about 4°C, alternatively place in shock freezer at positive temperature for 1 hour).
Sheet the butter using a dough sheeter or a rolling pin, and fold the dough into thirds over the butter (for 3 times).
Stendere l’impasto no a raggiungere lo spessore di circa 5-6 mm, quindi tagliare la pasta nella misura desiderata.
Let the croissants proof for about 2.5 hours in a proofer at 27-28°C (70-80% R.H.).
Bake in vented oven at 170° -180° C for about 12 minutes or in static oven at 195°C for about 12 minutes (depending on size).
*Using the same procedure it is possible to prepare stuffed puff pastries.
For each Kg of dough, use 300 g butter and 50 g flour for the dough sheeting (if you use butter blocks). Alternatively, use 300 g butter if you use butter sheets.